About Me

My photo
Hi. I"m living in the Northeast with my supportive hubby, 2 great girls and toddler son. I run a home based business around scrapbooking and rubber stamping and love everything about those crafts! I also work p/t as a Physician Assistant in Internal Medicine...back after a 10 year hiatus to take care of the kids--loving that, too!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

So I've been trying to read everything I can on simplifying and trying to be satisfied with loving what I've got and trying not to want "more". It's a hard road, considering that I have a somewhat expensive hobby and I love to shop for supplies ;-).  However; aside from scrapbooking, I am consciously trying to cut down.  I've been donating clothes, getting rid of excess toys lying around the house (hopefully they'll go to someone that will actually appreciate them), and trying to be grateful for something every day.

Speaking of scrapbooking, we have entered the month of LOAD: 2/13.  It's day 5 and amazing I've kept up so far.  Even with working a full day today, even following all the prompts so far, and even though I am pretty, darn tired.  I didn't post until after 11:30pm tonight, so I made it just in time (well, actually, early, since the deadline is midnight PACIFIC time!).  So far, the prompts have been:
Day 1: No words ??!!!???  Yep, this one was hard, but now that I've already posted, I went back and cheated by adding journaling.  What would a scrapbook layout be without journaling, after all!
Day2: My Perfect Day.  Yes, I included scrapping, of course.  But I also included geocaching, spending time outdoors and with family.  Eating out made it on the list too.  Love a meal that I DON'T have to prepare myself!
Day3: Something taken for granted, but means a lot.  Ok, so I had this picture of Mohammed and me with the NYC skyline in the background and the Twin Towers were standing proud.  It was taken just 2 months before the events of 911, so I went with that as my topic.
Day4: A goal I want to accomplish.  So I had a lot of things running through my mind for this one, but then when I started working on the updated chore chart I made for the girls, a layout was born!
Day 5: TODAY--scrapbook your sweetie.  So I've wanted to make this one for a while.  Hubby deserves kudos for all he does for me and our family.  Here's to you, baby!
Day 6????  Wonder what tomorrow will bring.  Actually, it's close to the unveiling time here on the East Coast, so it won't be long before I'll be thinking of the next layout.

On another note, Yasmeen and I both got glasses this weekend.  Yasmeen was desperate for Ray Bans.  I guess she is trying to channel Harry from One Direction-her current obsession.  She looks cute, though.

Fishes are doing great.  Still only have 3 (my original Clownfish and a Cardinal fish).  We added some crabs to take care of a hair algae problem, but once it's under control I hope to add another 1-2 fish.  I just had to take a break from adding fish because the new ones kept dying.  It's sad to this happen, but even worse to see your money go down the toilet (literally).

Ok, some recent pics from around our way: including the recent visit from Danny and his family.  I had such a great time getting to know the boys again. They are the sweetest things ever.  Love them so much!






No comments: